Simple structures for better English
Below are few common structures which are very useful to English learner. So, take a look at these and grasp hold of them.
Have fun learning!
1. If I were you, I would … Nếu tôi là bạn, tôi sẽ …
E.g.: If I were you, I would try my best to win him back.
If I were you, I would be happier.
2. S + have/ has trouble + V-ing …? Gặp khó khăn khi làm gì đó
E.g.: I have trouble talking to a large panel.
She has trouble dealing with the clients.
3. It takes + somebody + time(s)+ to verb… Mất bao lâu để…
E.g.: It takes me two days and a half to reach the village.
It takes a few seconds to fall in love, yet it takes a lifetime to forget.
4. It’s no use + V-ing … Thật là vô ích …
E.g.: It’s no use talking to Mary becase what we say is not what she wants to hear.
It’s no use wasting your time over him. Don’t you see you have a beautiful life ahead?
5. How adjective/ adverb + S + verb …! Thật là/ đúng là … quá!
E.g.: How beautiful you are!
How big you have grown!
6. Rumor has it that … Có tin đồn rằng …
E.g.: Rumour has it that he passed away a few years after her death.
Rumour has it that the government is going to ban tobaco throughout the country.
7. It’s the first time S + has/ have + V3/ ed … Đây là lần đầu tiên ai …
E.g.: It’s the first time Justin has ever performed on stage.
It’s the first time someone has ever done something like this for me.
8. S + be/ (feel) + ashamed of + Noun/ V-ing … Ai cảm thấy xấu hổ về …
E.g.: She feels ashamed of her family background.
You should be ashamed of yourself for doing this to her.
9. S + be/ get + used to + Noun/ V-ing …
Or S + be + accustomed to + Noun/ V-ing … đã quen với …
E.g.: Jake has got used to Australian cuisine and now he loves it.
New students were not used to the heat, as a reasult, they got sun stroke.